The recipe of tapenade that Frederic makes when we have the opportunity to invite our guests for an aperitive has often been asked to us. Let us share it with you here, so whether you have already tasted it or not, you can try at home this little recipe simple and quick to make.
Nothing special, you’ll find them in any supermarket in Europe.
- 250 grams pitted green olives
- 50 grams pitted Greek Black olives
- 8/10 Anchovy fillets (preferably in oil, if in salt you will need to rinse them with water)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp capers
- Herbs of Provence
- 5 berries pepper _(salt if needed )_
- Filet of lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Mix finely together anchovies, garlic, capers, herbs, pepper, a little lemon juice.
- Add the green and black olives, well drained, and mix the whole while adding a little olive oil until desired consistency.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary, it’s ready!
Tapenade is much tasty when prepared at least one day before serving for a better diffusion of the aromas. To preserve it several weeks: take a sterilized jar and lid (boiled 10 minutes and dried thoroughly). Fill it with the tapenade well packed, cover with a little olive oil to prevent drying and refrigerate.